The objective of any merger, acquisition or sale should be to increase value for the buyers, to achieve the highest fair market price for the seller, and, greater value for the merger participants. Successful mergers and acquisitions are neither an art nor a science but a process. Our firm has, for many years, facilitated the “M&A process”, from initial target contact to transaction closing, representing either the buy-side (acquirer) or sell-side (seller) of a merger, acquisition or sale.
While we only represent one party in a transaction, we work with both parties in the process, commencing with acquisition strategy to target searching and screening, through negotiating, due diligence and financing and concluding with the closing process, and post transaction integration.
In this M&A process, we understand the perspective of both the sellers and buyers in the transaction, and our years of financial, operating, and marketing experience in restructuring, financings and acquisitions provide us with the skills to facilitate every aspect of the M&A process.
We are confident in providing both strategic and practical guidance for small and middle market buyers, sellers and investors.
The M& A Process:
- Form Transaction Team
- Sell-Side or Buy-Side Strategy and Acquisition Planning
- Searching, Screening and Approaching Buyers and Sellers
- Evaluating the Feasibility of the Transaction
- Negotiating the Letter of Intent and Overall Structure
- Valuation or Counter Valuation Analysis
- Due Diligence
- Acquisition Financing
- Negotiating the Final Purchase Agreement
- The Closing Process
- Transition and Post Merger Issues and Integration